Thursday, November 4, 2010

Seasons and Friends

How do you know when it is time to move on from a relationship?  Is it when the calls become more infrequent? Or is it when you do reach out to connect and it just doesn't feel right?  I know we all grow up and life takes us down different paths, but I thought friends were suppose to be there for each other.  It makes me wonder if we were ever really friends at all. 

I know that life is funny and that people like what they like and do what they do, but if you have neglected a friendship and that person doesn't know why, is it too much to reach out to that person.  My concern is that something will happen and time will be wasted on feeling guilty because the two never communicated.

There are people in my life that I may not talk to every day or every week, or even every month, but at some point a connection is made and it feels like it was just yesterday that we talked.  I want that feeling with all of my friends.  If I am not getting it, is it time to realize that this is not the same type of friendship it was 20 years ago?  Is it time to lower my expectations so I can minimize my pain and discomfort?

I know scripture says to every thing there is a season and a time for every purpose. I guess I never realized that the season is not attached to an issue or a situation or a problem.  It is just a season.

Until next time
Be Blessed, Sisterfriend

No comments: