Sunday, September 12, 2010

Where do you go from here?

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you just could not seem to tunnel through? Well this was it for me. I found myself trying to be more than I had the energy to be. Last week we talked about remembering who we are.  Well, I truly forgot who I was and whose I was somewhere around Thursday. I tried to figure out what happened, but even as I write this entry, I cannot put my hand on it. I do know that I have to do a  much better job of teaching people how to treat me. I was talking with another sisterfriend and I recalled the scene from "What's Love Got to Do With It?", when Tina walked into the hotel the night of the Grammys.(after the fight in the limo with Ike) I felt beaten, battered and broken. I did not have the energy to pray because I wasn't exactly sure what I was praying about.  Was it my husband? Was it my uncertainity because I have been out of work since June and I was beginning to feel the pressure? Was it my family, my friends?

Last night I cried until I fell asleep. I went to church hoping for some clarity to come. I found myself crying again. By the way, I am not the crying type.  So as I sit here tonight, I am still pondering what went wrong last week? How did I get a way from me?  Where did I go and where do I go from here?

So my question, when you found yourself to be out of sorts what did you do to get back to you?  If you have a favorite scripture that helped please share and explain how it helped you.  If a favorite book or favorite quote or meditation, explain how it helped you.

No comments: