Thursday, December 30, 2010

Can I Have a Do Over?

This is the time of year when we all get to ask for a do over.  If we are blessed enough to make it to the next year, then we know that the answer is yes.  So if given the opportunity, what are you going to do with your do over? Are you going to take a look at your spending habits? Are you going to look at your inner circle and determine who needs to stay and who needs to go? Are you going to finally take those college courses and finish your degree?  Are you going to participate in your process or watch as it passes you by? Are you really going to join that exercise class, not just to lose weight but to do something just for you? Are you going to be a better partner or will the next year be like the last: all about you? Are you going to give your children more stuff or more beliefs, values and morals?

If I am blessed to get a do over, I plan to be an even better wife and mother. I plan to reach out a little more to people even though I know they could reach out to me as well. I plan to create more time for me and not feel guilty about it. I plan to make sure that Tailor Made Training & Consulting, LLC presents at least 10 training sessions this year.  I plan to make sure that I pay extra attention to my parents and to my husband's parents.  I plan to listen more to the still voice of the Holy Spirit and truly allow it to order my steps, to show me how to talk and to show me how to praise.  I plan to read more. I plan to start my book. I have three in me, so I should be able to get one out of me during my do over.  I plan to look at the suffering in Haiti of the women and children and see how I can help to make a difference. I plan to listen more and speak less, even if I know the answer.

As I have said before, I now realize that the better I am, the better those around me will be. So as you prepare for your do over, take the time to determine what is it all worth to you. If this is your last do over, what do you want people to say about you?



Let me know your thoughts... Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments by clicking on the "comments" link just below this post.  Don't forget to share this with your facebook friends and follow me on twitter  @askjema

Until next time
Be Blessed, Sisterfriend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sisterfriend:

When I look back over my life, I realize that it truly could have ended up a different way. I had an opportunity to sing with some famous people when I was in my early 20's. Let's see, James Brown, Rick James, the late Tina Marie... Hum, they are all gone! The lifestyle was not meant for me. Well, since I still love to sing and my mother and father hid that tour schedule some 16 years ago...(yes, they did; I waited and waited for it!) I believe the Lord spared me from so much; a life that I really was not destined for... With that said, as I look into 2011 I know that I need to stop being spread so thin. I have a lot going on (as does everyone); but I really need to focus on serenity. I'm praying for renewal and serenity in 2011; I'm in a different place as a mother, wife, and daughter now and I just simply want to walk in GRACE in 2011. Sisterfriend, I wish you an awesome 2011. You go girl (Tu vas Chica), Lette!